It doesn’t get much healthier than this! Kale, carrots, pumpkin seeds, lemon, olive oil and sauerkraut make a wonderfully colorful, probiotic-rich salad. Full of antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and probiotics, this is truly a superfood salad!
Probiotic-rich sauerkraut is great for your gut-health. It’s full of beneficial microbes and rich in enzymes. Kraut is also high in vitamins C and K, calcium and magnesium. Keep it Vegan or add some shredded chicken for extra protein and you have a filling meal that is yummy and incredibly healthy 🙂 I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups chopped kale ( I have used bagged cruciferous blend from Trader Joes, works great in this salad, if you use it, skip the first two ingredients)
- 1 cup shredded red or green cabbage
- 2 carrots sliced thin ( I use the OXO julienne peeler tool, it’s great)
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 radishes sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons sauerkraut ( I used red Wildbrine cabbage & beet)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Drizzle with olive oil (I use about 1/8 cup) Don’t skimp!
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy 🙂
Leave a Reply