This is one of 3 recipes I do in my Wild Edibles cooking class. Dandelion greens are full A, C, and K vitamins. Minerals and fiber. Over 500% DV of vitamin K! It’s a nutritional powerhouse! Don’t miss out on this wild wonder 🙂 Hope you try my recipe!! Comments are welcome and appreciated!
- A bunch of dandelion greens (market or your yard!) chopped small
- 2-3 ripe good tomatoes (or 10 or so heirloom or cherry tomatoes) chopped small
- 2-3 small cucumbers chopped small
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 scallions chopped small
- Juice of 3 lemons (fresh only)
- Fresh mint chopped small ( to your taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/8 cup or so
- Celtic sea salt to taste
Add all veggies to a large bowl. Add lemon juice salt, and olive oil. Mix well with hands and taste. Add lemon, salt and olive oil if you need it.
NOTE: Dandelion greens are a superfood. They are bitter, so the more flavorful the tomatoes are the better this salad will be.
- Make sure your dandelions are not sprayed with pesticides
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil and salt or it will be bland
- Try adding other veggies like radishes and red pepper
- Will last in fridge a couple days