The perfect, easy protein whether you are on the Keto diet or just like meat with a bit of veggies and yummy spices. I grew up making Kafta and we always had it with a little homemade yogurt and a big healthy salad. It’s an easy recipe that you can grill on a skewer or broil in the oven. Want to make it even easier? I put a couple in my toaster oven and they turn out perfect every time! I hope you enjoy this easy middle eastern dish and I really hope you add a healthy middle eastern salad to go with it, try my celery herb salad, it goes perfect 🙂 Comments welcome and appreciated!
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground grass-fed beef
- 1/4 sweet onion chopped small
- 1/2 green onion chopped small
- small handful parsley chopped small
- 1 tablespoon ground all-spice. Make sure it is fresh. ( I use mixed baharat from a middle eastern store called Babylon near me)
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Mix all together in a bowl with your hands. Form into long oval shape. Broil on high about 6 minutes, flip them and broil another 4-6 minutes. They can also be grilled with or without skewers. Watch that they do not over cook. They taste much better medium or medium rare 🙂 It may take you a couple times to figure out your broiler. My small toaster oven is perfectly done when I time 6 minutes, flip then 4 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa with a dollop of yogurt. If you are staying away from carbs I like to eat it plain or with a salad 🙂 Enjoy!
Leave a Reply